Sterling Silver Charleston Rice Bead Necklace Chain Italian with Lobster Claw Clasp
Beautiful unique 18" famous Charleston rice bead necklace. There are about 5 sterling silver rice beads per inch on this necklace which has a sturdy lobster claw clasp. Beads measure around 3 x 4.5 mm. Made in Italy with quality. Comes in small silver foil gift box. What is the Charleston Rice Bead? The history of rice in the U.S. started in 1694 when a ship bound for England was forced into Charleston, SC for repairs after a severe hurricane. The Captain gave the governor of the colony a handful of rice grains. From this small amount of seed, Charleston was soon supplying all the colonies with high quality rice. Thus, the rice bead is a symbol of Southern heritage. The Charleston rice bead necklaces makes a great souvenir or gift. The lobster-claw spring action clasp measures 4.5mm wide x 11mm-long by 3mm thick.
- 18-inch charleston rice bead choker, sterling silver beads
- Beads measure 3 x 4.5 mm - strong clasp
- Sturdy chain for pendant or to wear alone
- Excellent gift idea - comes in a small silver foil box
- Charleston or Southern rice bead design chain